How to Relax & De-Stress

We all have them days, when you're feeling a bit stressed out and frustrated with life, for many different reasons. For me it was during exam season, I was driving myself crazy thinking about all the revision I had to do and felt like there was not enough time in a day to get everything done. Well, if you're feeling like this, or you're just in need of some 'me time', I've got you covered. So here's how I relax (generally of an evening) after a stressful day..
Step 1- Run a Bath
For me, any pamper evening has to include a long soak in the bath for the ultimate stress relief. And of course I use a Lush bath bomb, my fave being the Butterball Bath Bomb-  containing cocoa butter to soften and smooth dry skin and ylang ylang to relieve stress, what more could you ask for? 
Whilst I'm in bath, I take the opportunity to pamper my skin and use products that I never usually have time for, so I like to exfoliate. At the minute I am loving the REN Moroccan Rose Sugar Body Polish for super smooth skin. 
Step 2- Face Mask 
This is a personal fave, as I love trying out face masks and its always something I have to include in a pamper evening. My holy grail at the minute are the Origins masks, particularly the Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask, which is perfect for problem skin as it contains Zinc and Salicylic Acid, nature's trouble-shooters.
Step 3- Winding Down
Whilst I wait for my face mask to do its thing, I like to flick through Cosmo or Vogue, or read a book. The book that I'm currently reading is Girlhood by Cat Clarke, which I'm loving so far. I also make sure my phone is on airplane mode or turned off completely as I feel like looking at my phone makes me even more stressed after a bad day, and it also gives my eyes a rest before bed. As I love blogging so much it is hard to step away from technology of an evening (I'm sure other bloggers can relate), but its important that we're not staring at that blue light before bed. Then after 10 to 15 mins I'll wash off the face mask and apply the Clinique Moisture Surge moisturizer (a must for anyone with dry, flaky skin). After that I'll pop on my fave pjs, jump into bed and put on a 'cosy' TV programme, usually Friends.
What things do you do to relax? Let me know in the comments below :)
Jess x

Comments

  1. I love this!!!

    I'm a huge fan of masking to relax! And origins is one of those brands I'm obsessed with!!
    https://anasbeautyvault.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ana I'm glad you enjoyed! And I know I love them too they are amazing 😍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts