My Top 3 Contemporary Books

I've loved reading ever since I was a little girl. I love how you can get lost in a story and relate to the characters. Today I've decided to step away from beauty and makeup and instead pick out my top three fave contemporary novels to share with you guys, as I'm definitely a total bookworm at heart!
Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard- "Caddy and Rosie have always been inseperable. But that was before Suzanne. Now Caddy wants to be more than just the quiet one. She wants something to happen. Suzanne is trying to escape her past and be someone different. Someone free. But sometimes downward spirals have a momentum of their own. And no one can break your heart like a best friend."
This book was very gripping and moving, I think I read it in like a day! A beautiful tale of female friendship and its complexity. 
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven- "Theodore Finch wants to take his own life. Violet Markey is devastated by her sisters death. They meet on the ledge of the school bell tower, and so their story begins. Its only together they can be themselves... But, as Violet's world grows, Finch's begins to shrink. How far will Violet go to save the boy she has come to love?"
Jennifer Niven's writing style is enticing and beautiful, leaving you wanting carry on reading after every chapter. It is heartbreaking and honest, showing the unbreakable power of love. 
Looking for Alaska by John Green- "Miles Halter's whole life has been one big non-event, until he meets Alaska Young. Gorgeous, clever and undoubtedly screwed up, Alaska draws Miles into her reckless world and irrevocably steals his heart. For Miles, nothing can ever be the same again". 
I love John Green's novels so I knew I had to read this one. This book is compelling and heartbreaking, and beautifully captures the pain in loving someone. It had me in tears towards the end, and was incredibly moving and gripping. 
So there they are, my top three contemporary novels! Let me know in the comments if you've read any of these or if there's any you think I will love. Also let me know what posts you'd like to see next!
Jess x 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter-  @RosieJessTweets
Insta-  RosieJessxo
Email-  jessicahowardxo@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Weekend Guide to Brighton

What's In My Travel Makeup Bag

35 Simple Things That Make Me Happy